Web Site Privacy and Security Notice
- The Financial Management Service (FMS) Web site is provided as a public service by the FMS Office of Legislative and Public Affairs. Information presented on the FMS Web site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- The FMS Web site uses session cookies (Tier 1) only to maintain a connection with the user to insure the user receives a response when using the Invoice Processing Platform and the Judgment Fund Search. The cookie is immediately deleted upon leaving the site. The temporary cookie contains a system generated session id only - no personally identifiable information (PII) about the anonymous user is kept.
- FMS will use personal information provided via Web "form" only for the purposes described on the form and this information will be deleted after use. For those registered for courses at Treasury Agency Services the data collected from the form will be kept for the sole purpose of student transcript information and NASBA regulations regarding issuance of CPE credits. Furthermore, FMS will not disseminate such information to any party either inside or outside of the federal government.
- Individuals are strongly discouraged from sending any personal information, like a Social Security Number, to the FMS Webmaster or any FMS e-mail address. Information requests sent via the Comment Form or individual e-mail links on FMS Web pages are rarely encrypted. Correspondence or questions received by the FMS Webmaster and e-mail links on FMS Web pages is kept for three months as required by General Records Schedule 14: Informational Services Records.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20 at three-month intervals.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- This is an Official United States Government System, which may be used only for authorized purposes. Unauthorized modification of any information stored on this system may result in criminal prosecution. The government may monitor and audit the usage of this system, and all persons are hereby notified that the use of this system constitutes consent to such and auditing.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, fill out our Comment Form.