PIR is a multi-year initiative that will create a centralized information repository for federal payment related data.
As an information repository and business intelligence solution PIR:
- Offers a centralized repository containing detailed and summarized records of payment transactions processed by all federal program agencies
- Provides business intelligence and reporting capabilities on both summarized and detailed payment transactions
- Provides the ability to increase the transparency of government payments
- Supports reporting of classification information to Central Accounting Reporting Systems (CARS) for Non-Treasury Disbursing Offices (NTDO)
- Replaces CA$HLINK II functionality for disbursement transactions